Colour excites me!
I am fascinated by the patterns of light and shadow, yet it is always colour that attracts me most.
- I like to use colour in unexpected ways.
- I like painting people and sunlight-filled scenes with strong shadows.
- I paint in oil using a palette knife and brush to apply the paint thickly.
- I work in a sketchbook to capture moments, especially when travelling. I work quickly with pen and watercolour.
- I paint with acrylic and experiment with textures and layers.
- I enjoy using pastels because the pigments are so vibrant and immediate.
- I design compositions for reference on my computer using Photoshop and blending multiple images.
- I like to sit and observe, following along the shapes with my eyes and noticing the details.
- I adore taking art workshops on vacation and painting all day.
- I love brand new art supplies. I say, "some people like diamonds, I like paint!"
- I like interacting with artists...talking, sharing, learning...
My background as a graphic designer along with my artistic experience give me a unique set of skills that I use entirely for all my creations.
Artists I have taken workshops with: Andrew Mcdermott, Dreama Tolle Perry, Patti Mollica, Brian Smith, Laure Ferlita, Jane LaFazio, Margaret Dyer, Bob Burridge, Sean Dye, Betty Herman, Susan Sarback, Donna Yeager, Caroline Jasper, and Iska Preter.